07/30/2010
INT 244
Dr. Colette Palamar
Affirming Common Roots
After reading the following abduce from the Merton (1966) text: The heresy of individualism (and religious ethnocentrism): thinking oneself a completely self-sufficient unit and asserting this imaginary unity against entirely separates, the deponeation of the self as merely not the other. But when you judge to affirm your unity by denying that you have anything to do with anyone else, by negating everyone else in the universe until you come down to you, what is there go away to affirmâ¦., I came to the outcome that most all theologys argon tied together by certain basic truths near God, which Griffiths (1976) describes as the Sacred Mystery which lies behind all religions, early to advanced, and his relationship with mankind. For example the Dakota Indians it is the Taku Wakan which is described as mysterious, supernatural, and unsearchable or unapproachable, and is the foot for all early religions, including Zoroastrianism and Hinduism. This is just one example of the umpteen ties that bind most all religions together.
I also came to the conclusion that if I, myself, are unwilling to not only see, but to affirm the good and the right in others that I dont necessarily agree with on other issues, doctrines, and viewpoints, then what does that verify me as a person, and about my own faith, or religion? If I am unable to relate to people of other faiths, does that not damage my own religions validity? If I hire the path of total religious supremacy does this not allow me lacking?
David Rosen in address delivered at Fordham University, New York, on October 28, 2003, Learning From Each Other - A Jewish Perspective, simply describes it this way, It is true that Judaism does not need Christianity in order to fully scan itself, as opposed to Christianitys essential need to understand Judaism in order to understand itself. But this does not esteem that Jews cannot...If you want to get a full essay, order it on our website: Orderessay
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my essay .
No comments:
Post a Comment